Montepulciano, Pienza and the villages of Val d’Orcia
Medieval towns of ancient beauty, clung over the hills, 600 mt above sea level. Enjoy here the most breathtaking sights over the famous Val D’Orcia, a symbol of Tuscany all over the world and world heritage site of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation).
Montepulciano, which was built by the Etruscans, is situated between Val d'Orcia and Val Di Chiana. It is a major cultural pole in the area: in the town you can see many findings and Etruscans’ tombs, most of them have been converted into cellars over the years. Visit Montepulciano and experience the Middle Ages, have a breath of the real Tuscany!
Pienza, the small Medieval town, shows you a different panorama: walk along the narrow streets of Pienza and enjoy the sight of the extremely refined architecture and the extraordinary beauty of the town. Don’t miss a visit to the “Perfect Town”, as it was celebrated during the Renaissance.
|Duration: 8h/9h|| Lunch / Tasting:
|2-8|| € 320,00 sedan (1/3 people)
€ 360,00 van-minibus (4/8 people)
- Departure from your Hotel/Villa
- Visit the World Heritage town Pienza. Stop by local shops for the town’s specialties
- Tour the hills and enjoy the views of Val d’Orcia on your way up to Montepulciano
- Explore Montepulciano’s town center and its many historical underground cellars
- Stop for lunch in a typical Tuscan Restaurant in the town center (optional and upon prior reservation)
- Enjoy some free time in the town for sightseeing or shopping.
- Return to your Hotel/Villa.